CEIAG Inspiring IAG Award
Kepier Academy is working towards the Inspiring IAG Gold Award. The aim of the award is to:
- Ensure young people get the support they need to make well informed, realistic decisions about their future through careers education, information, advice and guidance.
- Have appropriate, up to date, accurate and impartial information and resources that all young people can access regardless of race, gender, religion, ability, disability, social background or sexual orientation.
- Ensure the organisational policies relating to careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) are up to date and regularly reviewed and reflect this code of practice.
- Empower young people by informing them of how they can access CEIAG to help them plan their future and make well informed, realistic decisions.
- Offer all young people access to impartial and independent careers guidance by a qualified guidance professional, at a time and place that suits their needs.
- Ensure that all staff working with young people are offered and access ongoing training about qualifications/progression pathways and other relevant subjects.
- Work in partnership, where appropriate, with opportunity providers including employers, FE and training providers, and youth support services.
- Working with parents/carers to offer them information, advice and guidance to help them, help their son/daughter.
- Involve young people in the design, delivery and evaluation of CEIAG programmes.
- Promote equality of opportunity, celebrating diversity, challenging stereotypes and raising aspirations./li>