Parents’ Evenings at Kepier
At Kepier, we use an online parents’ evening platform called SchoolCloud.
The SchoolCloud system enables Kepier staff to meet with parents via video appointments. You can use a computer, tablet or smartphone to participate in the video calls.
The dates of the online parents’ evenings in the current academic year are listed below:
|Year Group||Parents' Evening Date||Online Bookings Open|
|Year 7||Wednesday 29th November 2023, 3.30-6pm||Wednesday 15th November 2023, 6pm|
|Year 8||Wednesday 13th December 2023, 3.30-6pm||Wednesday 29th November 2023, 6pm|
|Year 9||Wednesday 7th February 2024, 3.30-6pm||Wednesday 24th January 2024, 6pm|
|Year 10||Wednesday 26th June 2024, 3.30-6pm||Wednesday 12th June 2024, 6pm|
|Year 11||Wednesday 17th January 2024, 3.30-6pm||Monday 18th December 2023, 6pm|
You will receive a notification when bookings are open for your child’s parents’ evening. Once you receive this notification, you can book video appointments with teachers via SchoolCloud by clicking the button below.
Only parents/carers who have parental responsibility for a learner are able to book appointments at our parents’ evenings. Once an appointment has been made, they can then send invitations to other people to participate in the video call.
You can check and update your contact details using the SIMS Parent App. For more information, click here.
How to Access the Online Parents’ Evening Platform
The video below summarises the process and demonstrates how to use the online platform. Please watch this video before booking appointments. A pdf copy of instructions is also available to download.
Please note the following:
- Appointments are made on a first come first served basis. If you make an appointment which you cannot subsequently attend, please cancel it to release the slot for other parents.
- A Class Charts message will be sent to all contacts when appointments are open for bookings.
- Appointments are managed automatically by SchoolCloud and are 5 minutes long. These are kept to a strict time limit, so please ensure you log on before the start of the allocated time in order to use the full 5 minutes. Logging in late reduces the time available, as the meeting end time remains fixed.
- An on-screen timer will show how long is left of the meeting.
- Parents/carers can attend meetings from different locations and on different devices, but the person who made the original appointment must invite the other parent/carer through their SchoolCloud account, because the original link will only work on one device at a time!
- Your son/daughter is welcome to attend. Please let the teacher know if additional people are listening in on the consultation.
- A mobile phone, tablet, laptop or desktop can be used, but please check that your device has access to a microphone and preferably a camera prior to your meetings.
…and finally, to ensure everyone’s enjoyment and wellbeing
- Conversations must not be recorded and images or screenshots must not be taken.
- Conversations should take place in appropriate rooms e.g. kitchen, lounge, study (not in a bedroom)
- All participants should be appropriately dressed (as they would be for a face to face meeting)
- Parents/carers have the choice of using audio or video
- Kepier is often commended for the very positive, constructive relationships between staff and parents/carers. Please note that in the extremely unlikely event of verbal abuse, staff will end the conversation and refer the matter to the Senior Leadership Team.
Tips for troubleshooting
All teachers’ devices have been carefully checked, so we are confident that all is well at our end.
Please watch the video and read the parent guide carefully beforehand, to ensure you are using a suitable browser.
Try logging on up to an hour before – if you can’t see “Join Video Appointments” please check the following things:-
- Check that names match exactly what we have on the system
- Check the email address
- Make sure your camera, microphone and volume are fully enabled in your settings and that you have allowed the system to access them.
- Better sound is achieved if only one person speaks at a time.
- If one party loses connection please just wait whilst they log in again, and you should be able to resume.
- If there is a sound/display issue, try clicking the microphone/camera icon off and on again.
- If there is still an issue, try logging off and logging on again, or try another device.
- If possible, have a backup device ready for you to log on and use.
- If you experience technical issues that can’t be resolved immediately, please don’t worry. If we can’t speak to you during the designated appointment, we will arrange something over the coming days. Please contact teachers directly via Class Charts if this situation arises.
If you have a question that is not answered above, please use the ‘Contact Us’ form below.