Instructions for setting up SIMS Parent App
Before you start, some points to note;
- It’s a 2 stage process – you are required to register first and then install the SIMS Parent App on your smart phone or device (or just use the website, if you prefer)- Close all other windows during the registration process
- Any usernames/passwords will relate to the account you are using to register for the app (so whatever you set up when you created your facebook/twitter/google/Microsoft/etc account)
- Open the invitation email that was sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to the email address you have provided us. Check your junk mail if it has not arrived in your Inbox.
- Click on the “click this link” link within the email
- Choose the account type you would like to register with. Be aware that SIMS ID can’t be used!
- Check your name and click on the Register button
- Answer the security question – this will usually be the date of birth for one of your children, following the format of dd/mm/yyyy. For example 26/02/2005
- After clicking on the Verify button you might see the “Registration – Account Verification” screen for a few seconds. That is OK
- Once complete, you have registered and are logged in to the web version of the Parent App
From here you have two options. The preferred one is to install the SIMS Parent App from the Google Play store or from the Apple store. Or you can use the web version of the Parent App which can be accessed from https://www.sims-parent.co.uk.
Setting up the SIMS Parent App;
- Go to the Google Play store or the Apple store and search for SIMS Parent
- Install the App…
- Open the App
- After the welcome screen you might get the Sign In page. If so then click on the Sign In button which will take you back to the page that you saw during registration. On the Choose Account Type page select the option you registered with and login using your credentials
- The Parent App welcome screen opens. From here you can view reports, request updates to contact information, view timetables and see attendance information.