What is a Vocational Award In Construction and the Built Environment?
The Vocational Award in Construction and the Built Environment will develop learners’ knowledge and understanding of the sector and provide them with opportunities to enhance their practical skills. In addition, learners will explore different ideas and concepts of the built environment and gain knowledge and understanding of a range of professional and trade roles
|Level 1/2 Vocational Award In Construction and the Built Environment||Eduqas||E819/QA|
The video below explains the different topics you will study on the Construction course:
Unit 1 Introduction to the Built Environment
- Be introduced to the principles of the built environment and have the opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding in identifying, explaining and evaluating different ideas and concepts of the built environment.
- Explore a range of professional and trade roles
- Explore some of the different structures and buildings of the built environment
Unit 3 Constructing the Built Environment
You will study three construction trade areas of the built environment, including planning, undertaking and evaluating construction tasks.
How the Course is Assessed
- Unit 1 is assessed by a 90 minute external examination, which will be worth 40% of the qualification.
- Unit 3 is assessed by project work which is worth 60% of the qualification.
What the Course Can Prepare You For
The Eduqas Level 1/2 Award in Construction and the Built Environment has been designed to develop the skills needed for progression from Key Stage 4 and GCSE learning to further education, employment and training.
The successful completion of this qualification could lead to a range of Level 3 qualifications, apprenticeships and vocationally related qualifications. These include:
- Level 3 in Construction & Civil Engineering
- Level 3 in Building Maintenance
- Level 3 in Carpentry & Joinery
- Level 3 in Electrical Installation
- Apprenticeships in the Construction industry
Got A Question?
If you have a question about Construction you can use the form below to contact Mrs Kulandhaisamy, Department Leader for Technology.