What is a Vocational Award In Constructing the Built Environment?
This qualification has been devised around a ‘plan, do, and review’ approach to learning, where learners are: introduced to a context for learning; review previous learning to plan activities; carry out activities; and review outcomes and learning. This approach mirrors many work-related activities in constructing the built environment and also provides for learning in a range of contexts, thus enabling learners to apply and extend their learning. As such, this qualification provides learners with a broad appreciation of construction work and wider opportunities for progression into further education, employment or training.
|Level 1/2 Vocational Award In Constructing the Built Environment||WJEC Eduqas||5909/QA|
Mr S. Conlin
Subject Leader for Construction
In the video below, Mr Conlin, Subject Leader for Construction, explains the different topics you will study on the Construction course:
To complete this award, learners will take three units in total:
- Unit 1 Safety and Security in Construction
- Unit 2 Developing Construction Projects
- Unit 3 Planning Construction Projects
How the Course is Assessed
- Unit 1 is assessed by a 60 minute external examination, with a total of 60 marks available. 25%
- Unit 2 is internally assessed through practical and coursework which is completed during lessons. The three skills covered in this unit are Joinery, Tiling and Electrical. 50%
- Unit 3 is assessed by a 120 minute external examination, with a total of 60 marks available. 25%
What the Course Can Prepare You For
The Eduqas Level 1/2 Award in Construction has been designed to develop the skills needed for progression from Key Stage 4 and GCSE learning to further education, employment and training.
The successful completion of this qualification could lead to a range of Level 3 qualifications, apprenticeships and vocationally related qualifications. These include:
- Level 3 in Construction & Civil Engineering
- Level 3 in Building Maintenance
- Level 3 in Carpentry & Joinery
- Level 3 in Electrical Installation
- Apprenticeships in the Construction industry
Got A Question?
If you have a question about Construction you can use the form below to contact Mr Conlin, Subject Leader for Construction.